Tuesday, November 8, 2011

“Someplace You Have Never Been. But Have Always Longed To Be”

I have always enjoyed curious, lengthy titles. I like it even more when it is actually part of a no less curious work of art. Just like this one by Glenn Danzig, way back in 1992.


Listening to this really does feel like going to places I have always longed to be, and yet have never been able to go to. Like flying over distant dark landscapes. Especially with the song ‘Dirge of Defeat’.

Exaggerating? Hell yes! Not that many musical works can conjure such thoughts and feelings in me. So this album damn well deserved some f#@king exaggeration.

Too bad these ones are a bit short. Maybe it’s because they were just, as I read somewhere, meant to be intros/outros/preludes between songs?

Who would think somebody fronting the likes of The Misfits, Samhain and Danzig could actually compose such heartfelt and haunting music? I know he can sing very well but this is hardly a simple change of singing style?!

But then again, if it was not Danzig making it would I actually bother to pay attention anyway? I probably wouldn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment