Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Perks of Teaching

Teaching certainly has its perks, even when it’s not in a formal school setting. No. Not that kind of perk. Not now anyway.


So, a few centuries ago, a certain student did come up to me and ask ‘what does the word misanthropy mean?’ That actually presented me with a dilemma. First of all, I don’t like talking to people in general unless it is really necessary or unless the other person(s) is/are really significant to me. Secondly, why the hell would I give a f*#k how this endless maze of shortcomings and pointless c!*p called life should be named or defined as?

Luckily, I’m not just a boring old fart. I’m also a boring old school metalhead. Raised through and by the spikes, leather, booze and inverted Christianity galore of the 80’s and early 90’s.

The f*#king c#%p of a student’s question turned from being an annoyance into a perk, as it rekindled memories of extreme musical expressions befitting the word ‘misanthropy’. Like this one for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment