Saturday, December 10, 2011

Why Bother?

Lately, I have been thinking about statements that have been repeated over and over again by various bloggers of extreme/uncanny musical art. That is that people looking for downloads should at least have the courtesy of saying something (like a simple thank you) about the post/blog of origin.

I got me no arguments about that, but what I’m wondering is why go to blogs if people are just looking for downloads? Might just as well type in the musician’s name and album in filestube for that, eh??

Is it because people are looking for references? To try and figure out which one is worthwhile downloading or buying?

I’d like to think something else is causing all these indifferent downloaders to search through the blogs. It’s the bloggers’ unique opinions and attitude on anything s/he posted.

So, what if I say that the following musicians are really stupid and that their split EP sucks a lot? Would anybody stupid enough to visit this blog actually bother to check them out afterward?

Yeah, who gives a shit.

oOoOO & White Ring (Download at your own risk)

No comments:

Post a Comment