Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Underworld

Whoever said that extreme underground metal music is anything but food for thought, is a dick worthy of slow methodical slicing. 

I fucking learnt a lot more about history and mythology from the best of the filthiest underground bands, than I ever did from my uptight teachers…

Take, Kur-Nu-Gi-A, for example. If I never bothered to listen to the early 90s and late 80s Swedish underground stuffs, I wouldn’t fuckin know that it actually means ‘The Underworld’ in Babylonian mythology, now wouldn’t I? And I sure as hell won’t know that such epic Babylonian heroes like Gilgamesh would go and rampage through Kurnugia to gain wisdom, every now and then.

Or that Kurnugia is actually called by another name, Arali, and that it is fuckin ruled by a fuckin goddess called Allatu alias Ereshkigal



No comments:

Post a Comment