Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fifteen-Years Old Sulphur

Anyone who has read this blog posts before must have known that I don’t like to talk about the bands/musicians I refer to in each post. However, this German band deserves a different treatment.

There must have been at least a dozen acts named ‘Charon’ back in the snail-mail underground days. I don’t think I recall one from Germany before, but this Charon is supposedly founded in that country in 1997.

The fact that it has taken them 15 years to produce a full-length is something highly intriguing for me.

Basically, I was expecting a time-capsule kind of band, with music that is frozen in time to the good ole days of Blackened-death metal.

Don’t think I can expect anything better. Not even with the slight hints of Grind here and there..

That haunting guitar sound, wailing high and menacing in the background of almost all the songs, are one of the things that got me hooked instantly.

Fantastic, even when it’s nothing original.

No comments:

Post a Comment